This vegetable cutlet is one of my favorite. This one served in a thal (a platter). I captured this plate in Krishna restaurant at the hotel we stayed last April (Chennai). This vegetarian could be for an appetizer dish for a light afternoon snack or accompliment during the meals, it goes well with the mint sauce or tomato ketchup. I like both !
I even tried once to cook the vegetable cutlet myself..even it didn’t look yummy like they make in the restaurant but at least it tasted like vegetable cutlet 🙂
Herewith the simple recipe :
2 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 cup boiled green peas
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 green chilli, chopped
4 bread slices
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil as required
1. Mix mashed potatoes, green peas, chopped onions, chopped green chilli, red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and salt.
2. Soak the bread in water and squeeze all the water by pressing bread between the palms.
3. Mix bread and potato mixture and knead to make a smooth dough.
4. Take small quantity of this mixture and make ball form.Then flatten it on a smooth surface in a square shape.Cut into two (triangular) parts , each half should be about 1-2 cm thick.
5. When you are done with the potato mixture, roll each of the cutlet in bread crumbs.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
7. Deep fry the cutlets until golden brown.
Serve hot with bread and tomato sauce (or mint sauce).
Source from www.tajrecipe.com
: : Visit my website at Leelawadee Photography : :
Tagged: , Food , Snack , Cutlet , vegetable cutlet , Thali , Favorite , Tamil Nadu , Chennai , Madras , Incredible India , India , Cuisine , Leelawadee , Canon , 350D , I ate this , Thal , recipe , delicious