Getting that great 6 pack abs is not all about exercise. In fact, all that 6 pack abs workout is meaningless if your belly still has layers of fat. You can firm up and sculpt your abs but the fat remains – and covers up your hard work – if you do not eat right. A pot belly is still a pot belly and a love handle is still a love handle even if you have amazing abdominal muscles beneath the fat.
The good news, though, is with the proper abs diet, you can have that sexy 6 pack abs. And, you need not exert so much time and effort in workout as the body will already be shedding fat – even without strenuous activity. Eating right is a very crucial step to get that steaming hot abs.
Below are some simple diet tips to help you lose belly fat fast and get that 6 pack abs quicker:
1) Eat small, well-distributed meals throughout the day. Aside from the usual breakfast, lunch and dinner, you may want to include a morning and afternoon snack as well. Eating this way keeps the body’s metabolism going and makes fat burning easier. Fast metabolism can translate to fast abs.
2) Choose foods high in fiber. Aside from detoxifying the body, fiber is lower in calories and fills you up without the fat. So instead of that white bread or white rice, opt for whole grains and brown rice. Stack up on fruits and vegetables.
3) Build muscle with healthy protein. To “build” your hot 6 pack abs, eat healthy protein like tuna, salmon, eggs, almonds, cottage cheese, among others. Protein also boosts metabolism.
4) Get energy from complex carbohydrates. When it comes to toning your abs or tummy, complex carbohydrates may be not so complex. These carbs are simple, straightforward solutions. Eat complex carbs so that lesser sugar is converted to body fat. Green leafy vegetables, legumes, and root crops like sweet potatoes are excellent complex carbohydrates.
5) Cut down on sodium. Sodium bloats the stomach. Avoid salty foods like chips. Besides, these contain lots of fat anyway. Also, ease up on the seasoning when you’re cooking. Higher salt content in food can stimulate your appetite instead of curbing it. And if you want those ripped abs, you won’t aim to eat more.
6) Lessen alcohol intake. Like sodium, alcohol can also bloat the stomach. Plus, they are additional calories you need to burn. Imagine the washboard abs you can get if you don’t drink that next bottle.
7) Drink right. Keep your body hydrated with plenty of water. Water is also a good appetite controller.
Combine this effective abs diet tips with strategic cardiovascular and abs workout, and your dream of having sexy, 6 pack abs gets closer everyday.